- Is OLX free?
- How to post an ad?
- How long does it take for an ad to be posted?
- How do I edit an ad?
- Why is my ad suddenly in Pending after activating it?
- How do I mark my item as sold?
- How do I edit the contact number that appears on my ad?
- What will I do if my ad was removed from my Active ads?
- Where can I find my ad?
- Why is there a number of contacts, but I received no inquiries?
- How do I delete/deactivate my ad?
- How to reactivate an expired ad?
- What is Ad Performance?
- How can I promote my ad?
1. Is OLX free?
Yes! You can post ads on OLX for free! There is a certain number of ads you can post for free though, and the limit varies depending on the category you are posting in.
Once you've reached the limit in a particular category, you can post more ads using ala-carte Paid Ad Slots or Ad Posting Packages.
Click this LINK.
2. How to post an ad?
Posting an ad in OLX is easy!
Start off by logging in to your account and clicking the 'Sell your item now' button which will be available throughout all the pages of the website. This button will allow you to post any type of advertisement.
Fill out the fields in the sell form to complete your advertisement. Make your ad stand out and noticeable by putting all the information that'll help describe what you're offering.
When creating an ad, it's important to include the following basic information below:
- A concise title
- Select the category that best suits your ad
- The actual condition of the item
- The selling price
- 2-3 photos of the actual item. Your camera phone alone should do the job
- If it's a service, use your company logo, a plain text photo describing the ad, or images that depict what your service is all about
- A concise description that ideally includes a brief description of the item/service, your reason for selling, payment method, and your preferred meet-up locations
When you're ready to publish the ad, just hit 'Sell your item now' at the bottom of the page and it will be posted on the website shortly after.
Make sure that you have an OLX account.
Step 1: Click the “Sell an Item Now” button at the bottom of your app.
Step 2: Insert your ad photos and details. Then click “Submit”.
3. How long does it take for an ad to be posted?
Ads are reviewed for a few minutes only, after being created. Our moderators conduct brief, but thorough reviews, to ensure that you are posting quality ads which will help you gain contacts and potentially equals to a possible successful transaction.
4. How do I edit an ad?
Step 1: Go to the ad and click “Edit” under Options button.
Step 2: Tap “Continue”.
Step 3: Edit the preferred fields and Save Changes.
5. Why is my ad suddenly in Pending after activating it?
You can check all your advertisements in your OLX account’s Manage Ads page. If you’re new ad happen to be removed from your Active ads, and placed in pending, it is because our system requires a Paid Slot or Single Slot. Ads like this have already exceeded their free ad slot limit, under the category they are under, thus the need for paid slot.
You may easily purchase this by following the instructions HERE.
6. How do I mark my item as sold?
Step 1: Go to the ad and click “Mark as Sold” under Options button.
Step 2: Confirm with “Mark as Sold” again.
Step 3: You will see a confirmation note.
7. How do I edit the contact number that appears on my ad?
Step 1: Login to your account and go to Settings. Then, click “Mobile Number”.
Step 2: Enter your new mobile number and click “Change”.
Step 3: Get the code we sent you via SMS, and enter it on the confirmation page. Click “Submit code and confirm”.
8. What will I do if my ad was removed from my Active ads?
Login to your account proceed to "Manage Ads" tab. Click the “Moderated” button.
App: Check the reason of rejection by clicking the "Show reason" button.
Make the necessary revision on your Moderated Ad by clicking the Edit button.
Your advertisement will be posted in no time!
*Note: Some Moderation reasons, depending on the weight of violation, do not allow ad revisions. You may contact our Support team.
9. Where can I find my ad?
You can check all your advertisements by visiting your account's Manage Ads page while logged in. Here, you will find your Active advertisements, Moderated ads (ads removed from the website because they violated OLX policies), Pending ads (e.g. Limited ads requiring Paid Ad Slots and Ads under review), and Archive ads (e.g. recently expired ads or deactivated ads).
10. Why is there a number of contacts, but I received no inquiries?
The number of Contacts, which can be seen on your ad pag and Ad Performance, is the number of interested buyers who clicked your contact number, but not necessarily contacted you. These members might have viewed your number for future use, should they be interested to avail your item.
11. How do I delete/deactivate my ad?
Step 1: Go to the ad and click “Delete” under Options button.
Step 2: Confirm the ad you want to delete.
Step 3:You will receive a confirmation that your ad has been deleted.
*Note: Your ad will be deleted permanently and will no longer available in the system.
12. How to reactivate an expired ad?
Log in to your OLX account and wait to be redirected to the Manage Ads page. Simply do the following:
- Select the ad you want to reactivate, from Archive
- Click the Options button and choose “Activate.
- Your ad will immediately be reactivated if you still have a Free ad Slot under the category, your ad is in. If your ad is tagged as “Limited” under Pending, you must avail a Single Posting or Paid ad slot first.
13. What is Ad Performance?
The OLX Ad Performance Dashboard is a simple tool that shows users the performance of their ads divided into Paid and Free views.
Paid views are views contributed by purchasing a value added service
Free views are views that gathered naturally by the ad from organic browsing behavior of buyers
Contacts are the number of people who clicked and viewed your complete contact detail. This may be higher than the number of people who actually contacted you.
To access this, go to your Manage Ads page, select and ad from your active ads, from the options drop down, select Ad Performance.
You can also see this below your ad.
What are the information that I can retrieve from the dashboard?
You may retrieve the following:
- Paid Ad Views (if your ad has been applied with a paid feature)
- Free Ad Views
- Actual Views - Filtered daily, weekly or monthly
How updated is the information found in the dashboard?
The dashboard is showing information with a 24-hour delay. This is to ensure that all views are accounted for the whole day.
14. How can I promote my ad?
OLX offers a wide range of value added services (VAS) that help sellers increase their chances of selling their products and services.
The effects of these kinds of promotions were crafted to cater to the specific needs of sellers.
One feature extends the life of ads beyond the 28 days allotted and puts them at the top of listings again, which is Express Refresh.
This is also offered in bundles through the Ad Boosting Packages.
There are also options to increase the slots allotted for the different item categories. Additional slots can be bought individually through Paid Ad Slots, or in bundles through Ad Posting Packages.
All transactions can be paid via a variety of payment options. You can also use OLX Gold Credits to make transactions seamless.
Click HERE for reference.